Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I pay for my stay?
You would normally pay the final amount at the end of your stay, which can be taken by cash, card, cheque (made payable to S A Thornton) or bank transfer.
As of October 2016 we now accept debit and credit cards from: Visa, MasterCard, Maestro & American Express with our new PayPal card reader.
We can also accept PayPal payments too.
- How many does Ford Farm House Sleep?
Ford Farm House sleeps two guests in a King Size Bed French Bed which overlooks the beautiful gardens towards the countryside.
- How many rooms are there?
There is only the one room at Ford Farm House which is on the first floor with a private bathroom and its own lobby.
- Is Ford Farm House by the Seaside?
No. Ford Farm House is in the Countryside with lovely far reaching views.
- Do we need to pay a deposit?
Yes. We request £10 per night to cover the cost of the Continental Breakfast that is supplied within your room each day.
- Do you allow children to stay at Ford Farm House?
No. We do not accommodate children at Ford Farm House.
- Do accommodate dogs?
No. We do not accommodate dogs for the benefit of all our guests.
- Does Ford Farm House overlook the countryside?
Yes. Our rooms overlook the beautiful far reaching countryside.
- Do you have WiFi
- Does Ford Farm House have a Shower or a Bath?
Both. Ford Farm House has a bath with an overhead shower.
- How do I get to the Isle of Wight?
Via one of the Island’s ferry services. Please seek Travel page for more details.
- Is there a bus stop near by?
No. Sadly the nearest bus stop is over a mile away, own transport is strongly advised.
- How big is the Isle of Wight?
The Isle of Wight is approximately 23 miles x 13 miles (37 kilometres x 21 kilometres).
- What is the population of the Isle of Wight?
Approx 140,000 resident population.
- Is Ford Farm House Wheelchair Friendly?
No. Sadly Ford Farm House is not wheelchair friendly as the room is on the first floor.
- Do I need a passport to come to the Isle of Wight?
The Isle of Wight is a part of the United Kingdom therefore a passport is not required for travelling over to the Island.
- Do you have a Local Newspaper?
Yes, we do have a local newspaper. The Isle of Wight County Press is issued every Friday and can be picked up from most supermarkets / local shops on the Island. Contact the Isle of Wight County Press for more details 01983 521333.